The Startup Scene
Porto, the second largest city in Portugal and UNESCO World Heritage Site, is one of the most vibrant and interesting cities in South-Western Europe internationally known for the good food, Port wine and good weather.
The local startup scene has seen some amazing developments in the last years with startups being selected to international programs as Startup Chile, acquired by giant companies (e.g. Enabler) and both private and public sectors are making big investments in the creative industries.
Network Partners & Opportunities
UPTEC is the struture of the University of Porto dedicated to incubate startups and host Business Innovation Centers, supporting an effective knowledge and technology transfer between academia and markets. Divided into four distinct centers – Technology Center, Creative Industries Center, Sea Technology Center and Biotechnology Center – the UPTEC already hosts and supports more than 100 companies.
Startups Made in
Good to know links
- Porto Startup Coffee - a monthly meetup with people from the startup scene
- University of Porto
- UPIN- technology transfer office of the University of Porto
- Made in Porto – curated list of Web and mobile companies
- Hub Porto, InWork, OPO’Lab and Geekslab – co-working spaces
- OPorto Cool – insider’s cool guide to Porto
- Switch Conference – the largest Portuguese technology conference
- “36 Hours in Porto” on NYT