The Startup Scene
Lisboa is the capital and largest city of Portugal, the Europe’s second-oldest capital and one of Europe’s most soulful, captivating and picturesque capitals, built on a series of hills with scenic vistas from every angle.
The startup scene in Lisboa has seen some amazing developments in the last couple of years. Together, the Lisbon Municipality and some private initiatives are making a big effort to improve the local startup ecosystem.
Network Partners & Opportunities
Startup Lisboa is a business incubator with the mission to create and develop entrepreneurship through a combination of infrastructure and specialist support services, developing a program of incubation with the help of business consultants and mentors. Startup Lisboa already hosts and supports more than 40 companies.
Startups Made in
Good to know links
- Lisboa Startup Coffee - a monthly meetup with people from the startup scene
- Entrepreneurs Break and Florida After Seven - meetups for entrepreneurs in Lisbon
- COWORKLISBOA, Avila Coworking and Liberdade 229 - co-working spaces
- Silicon Valley comes to Lisbon - event about entrepreneurship, innovation, open minds, idea exchange and networking
- Switch Conference – the largest Portuguese technology conference
- Lisbon Portugal Tourism Guide and Associação de Turismo de Lisboa
- “36 Hours in Lisbon” – New York Times
- “I was shocked – shocked! – to find out there are tech startups in Portugal“- The Next Web